“Account” means an account (with MariDeal), through which you can book Accommodation and Experiences on our Platform.
“Accommodation” means the provision of an accommodation service by a Service Provider (throughout Section B, “Service Provider” means the provider of the accommodation service).
“Booking” means the booking of an Accommodation or Experience on our Platform.
“Booking Confirmation” means the confirmation email and coupon we send you, explaining the details of your Booking.
“Currency Conversion Rate” means the rate that we use to convert currency; this is currently the Refinitiv Closing Spot Rate, but this may change.
“Eligible Booking” means a Booking that meets the criteria to qualify for a Reward.
“Experience” means the provision of an experience service by a Service Provider (throughout Section C, “Service Provider” means the provider of the experience service ).
“Gift Card” means a prepaid card that allows the recipient to enjoy MariDeal offers, which is loaded with an amount.
"No Show” means the failure of a guest with a Booking to arrive at the scheduled date and time without prior notice or cancellation to MariDeal and/or the Service Provider.
“Payment Method” means the method (e.g. cash, credit card, debit card, bank account, etc.) used to make a payment or transfer money.
“Pick-up” (in the “Car rentals” section) means the process at the start of your Rental, when you provide the required ID and other documentation, pay for any fees and additional extras, enter into the Rental Agreement, and collect your car.
“Pick-up Time” (in the “Car rentals” section) means the (local) date and time you’re due to pick up your car, as stated in your Booking Confirmation.
“Platform” means the website/app on which you can book Experiences, whether owned or managed by MariDeal or by a third-party affiliate.
“Rental” (or “Car Rental”) means the provision of a car by a Service Provider (throughout Section D, “Service Provider” means the rental company that provides the car).
“Rental Agreement” means the contract between you and the Service Provider, which you sign at pick-up. You’ll be provided with a summary of the key terms during the booking process.
“Rewards” means a benefit that you are promised. In most cases, Rewards will be in points into your Account.
“Service Provider” means the provider of a related product or service on the Platform, including but not limited to the owner of a hotel or other property (for an “accommodation” Booking), an activity (for an “Experience” Booking), or a car rental company.
“Terms” means these terms of service.
“Upfront Payment” means a payment that you make when you book a product or service, rather than when you actually use it.
- These Terms constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“You”) and MARI DEAL LTD ("MARI DEAL LTD”, "MariDeal", “we," “us," or “our”), concerning your access to and use of MariDeal, being this website, as well as any other media form, media channel, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto (collectively, the “Platform”). The Platform is also accessible at our various outlets, whether the outlets are set up on a temporary or permanent basis, across Mauritius or any other jurisdiction (“our Outlets”).
- MariDeal is registered under the laws of Mauritius, under Business Registration Number (BRN), C13118233. Our registered office is at 2nd Floor and 3rd Floor, Off Motorway, Round About, The Vale, Grand Bay, Mauritius. We provide to individuals and/or entities (the “Service Provider/s”) a virtual space on our Site, for the purpose of listing the Service Provider products and/or services.
- You agree that by accessing the Platform, You have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by all of these Terms.
- IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY AND/OR ALL OF THESE TERMS, THEN YOU ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED FROM USING THE PLATFORM AND YOU MUST DISCONTINUE USE IMMEDIATELY.
- Supplemental terms and conditions or documents that may be posted on the Platform from time to time are hereby expressly incorporated herein by reference. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms at any time and for any reason. We will alert You about any changes by updating the “Last updated” date of these Terms, and You waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change. Please ensure that You check the applicable Terms every time You use our Platform so that You understand which Terms apply. You will be subject to, will be deemed to have been made aware of, and to have accepted, the changes in any revised Terms by your continued use of the Platform after the date such revised Terms are posted.
- The information provided on the Platform is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Platform from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- The Platform is intended for users who are physically and mentally capable persons of at least 18 years old acting in their own capacity. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to use or register (by creating an account) for the Site.
- When you complete your booking, you accept these Terms and any other ones that you're provided with during the booking process.
If anything in these Terms is (or becomes) invalid or unenforceable:
i) it will still be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law
ii) you will still be bound by everything else in the Terms.
These Terms are laid out like this:
i) Section A: General terms for all types of Experiences
ii) Sections B to D: Specific terms for just one type of Booking:
- Section B: Accommodation
- Section C: Experience
- Section D: Car Rentals
iii) If there’s any discrepancy between general and specific terms, the specific terms will apply.
The English version of these Terms is the original. If there’s any dispute about the Terms or any discrepancy between the Terms in English and another language, the Terms as they appear in English will apply.
- When you book an accommodation or an experience, MariDeal is responsible for the Platform, but not the Accommodation or Experience itself.
- When you book a Rental or Transfer, MariDeal provides and is responsible for the Platform, but not the car itself.
- We take reasonable care in providing our Platform, but we can’t guarantee that everything on it is accurate (we get information from the Service Providers). To the extent permitted by law, we can’t be held responsible for any errors, any interruptions, or any missing bits of information, though we will do everything we can to correct/fix them as soon as we can.
- Our Platform is not a recommendation or endorsement of any Service Provider or its products, services, facilities, vehicles, etc.
- We’re not a party to the terms between You and the Service Provider. The Service Provider is solely responsible for the Experience.
- To make a Booking, you need to create an Account. Make sure all your info (including payment and contact details) is correct and up to date, or you might not be able to access your Experience(s). You’re responsible for anything that happens with your Account, so don’t let anyone else use it and keep your username and password secret.
- We’ll show you the offers that are available to your specific country, in (what we think is) the right language for you. You can change to another language whenever you like.
- comply with all applicable laws;
- not resell, encumber or transfer in any way the offer;
- operate with any anti-fraud/anti-money laundering checks we need to carry out;
- not use the Platform to cause a nuisance or make fake Bookings;
- use the Experience and/or Platform for their intended purpose; and
- not cause any nuisance or damage, and not behave inappropriately to the Service Provider’s personnel (or anyone else, for that matter).
- All prices are inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate at the time of your order.
- When you make a Booking, you agree to pay the cost of the Booking, including any service fee, which may be applicable depending on the currency and/or the territory involved with your Booking, inclusive of any taxes and charges that may apply.
- Some of the prices you see may have been rounded to the nearest whole number. The price you pay will be based on the original, “non-rounded” price (although the actual difference will be tiny anyway).
- Obvious errors and misprints are not binding. For example, if you book a premium car or a night in a luxury suite that was mistakenly offered for MUR 1 or EURO 1, we may simply cancel that Booking and refund anything you’ve paid.
- A crossed-out price indicates the price of a like-for-like Booking without the price reduction applied (“like-for-like” means same dates, same policies, same quality of accommodation/vehicle/class of travel, etc.).
- The Euro price for our products or services shall be calculated based on the Mauritian Rupee (MUR) price using the prevailing conversion rate at the time of the transaction. The conversion rate used for currency conversion will be updated regularly and obtained from reputable financial sources. Please note that the Euro price displayed may vary slightly from the MUR price due to fluctuations in the currency exchange rates.
- For our products or services, the Service Provider will require an Upfront Payment.
- We organize your payment, we will be responsible for managing your payment and ensuring the completion of your transaction with our Service Provider. In this case, your payment constitutes final settlement of the “due and payable” price.
- If you know of or suspect any fraud or unauthorized use of your Payment Method, contact MariDeal and/or your payment provider, who may cover any resulting charges, possibly for a fee.
- Online payment towards the purchase for any product or service advertised or offered by us or a third party through the Platform may be by Credit Card, Debit Card, Internet Banking (collectively, “Electronic Payment”). Cash payment is also accepted at our Outlets.
- 3DS refers to ‘verified by Visa and MasterCard secure code services’ as applicable. 3DS provides You with a secure way in online and other transactions for which 3Ds is used by reducing the changes of fraud for those transactions. Upon using 3DS, you may be asked an additional security code to your mobile phone device or email address to verify any payment to MariDeal.
- Under no circumstances will MariDeal be liable for any kind of commission that your bank might charge You.
- You guarantee that the Electronic Payment method used (debit or credit card details) are correct, that the credit or debit card You are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost.
- After placing your order, your credit card shall automatically be debited with the full amount due in order to secure the Booking.
- Once payment is cleared, you will receive an automated invoice and an automated Booking confirmation email of your order to your Account.
- Each purchase made for any product or service advertised or offered on the Platform (also referred to as an “Order” or “Booking”), shall have a unique Order/Booking Number and a corresponding unique Bar Code/QR Code.
- It is your sole responsibility to ensure that You can present:
- a Booking confirmation (virtual or physical);
- a scannable Bar Code/QR Code accompanying your Order/Booking; and
- a valid National Identity Card or Passport,
- As regards Electronic Payment, it is your sole responsibility to verify:
- the validity thereof;
- the availability of funds;
- any applicable currency exchange rate; and
- any applicable bank/transaction charge, fee, and/or commission.
- Such verification is to be done by You with the bank through which the Electronic Payment is made.
- In the event of any refund of the Electronic Payment, we shall withhold any applicable bank/transaction charge, fee, and/or commission as may be raised by the relevant banks towards the processing of the refund. As such, the refunded amount shall be less than the Electronic Payment made.
- We reserve the right to cancel any potential purchase for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Platform, without incurring any liability, if the required payment has not been received, in full amount (100% of the Booking) within any of our bank accounts, within three (3) business days of the purchase being made.
- Whenever a payment is not 100% complete, there is a possibility that by the time the payment is finalized, the room availability or prices might have changed. In such instances, if the rooms are sold out or the prices have increased, you will be refunded.
- If a partial payment is initiated but not completed, the partial payment amount will not be refunded, and a reservation will not be secured.
- When you make a Booking, you accept the applicable policies as displayed in the booking process. You'll find each Service Provider's cancellation policy and any other policies (e.g. age requirements, security/damage deposits, additional supplements for group Bookings, extra beds, breakfast, cards accepted, etc.) on our Platform, on the Service Provider information pages, during the booking process, in the fine print, and/or in the confirmation email or ticket (if applicable).
- As the person making the Booking, you are responsible for the actions and behavior (in relation to the Experience) of everyone in the group. You’re also responsible for obtaining their permission before providing us with their personal data.
- Depending on which territory You are making a Booking, and for which You are eligible, you may be charged a service fee by us (of up to 4%). This fee varies based on a variety of factors and is shown during checkout before you book so you know what to expect. For some stays the service is not applicable, or reduced. Your Booking confirmation will clearly stipulate the amount of service fee You were charged.
- If you cancel a Booking or don’t show up, any cancellation/no-show fee or refund will depend on the Service Provider’s cancellation/no-show policy, and if not applicable MariDeal’s Terms will apply. See Clause 8.4 below.
- In general, if as a Guest You cancel a Reservation, the amount refunded to you is determined by the cancellation policy, as stated on the offer, and if it is not stated, the general cancellation policy of MariDeal applies to that Reservation.
- The general cancellation policy of MariDeal is that any cancellation request made by the Guest, within seventy-two (72) hours prior to arrival date for the Accommodation or Experience will be denied.
- The general cancellation policy of MariDeal is that any cancellation request made by the Guest, greater than seventy-two (72) hours prior to the arrival date for the Accommodation or Experience may be accepted or denied by the Service Provider, due to contractual obligations, at your own cost.
5. If the cancellation request is accepted by the Service Provider in writing, you will automatically be refunded the amount paid in the form of Store Credit, minus a cancellation fee of ten (10%) percent of the total amount.
6. If the cancellation request is denied by the Service Provider, in writing, you are obligated to proceed with the Booking or be charged with a no-show fee on the full amount of the Reservation (100%) one hundred percent.
7. But, in certain situations, other policies take precedence and determine what amount is refunded to you. If something outside your control forces you to cancel a Reservation (Force Majeure as per the coupon), you may be eligible for a partial or full refund. If the Service Provider cancels, (for safety or unavailability reason), you may be eligible for rebooking assistance or a partial or full refund (although this may not be guaranteed).
8. Different policies apply to certain categories of Listings; for example, Accommodation reservations are governed by 27 Section B- Accommodation below and Experience reservations are governed by 28 Section C – Experience.
- An amendment refers to any requested change or modification to an existing Booking made via the Platform. This may include but is not limited to changes in booking dates, room types, meal plans, or any other aspects of the reservation. Amendments are subject to approval by the Service Provider and may be associated with additional fees or charges, as outlined in this policy.
- This amendment policy outlines the terms and conditions governing amendments to your Booking made via our Platform. Please read this policy carefully before requesting any amendment.
9. Responsibility for Amendments
As a user of our platform, you are responsible for any amendment you wish to make. This includes changes in booking dates, room types, meal plans, or any other aspects of the reservation. By using our Platform, you agree to pay any additional fees or charges associated with any Booking amendment.
10. Approval and Availability
Any amendment or modification to your Booking is subject to the approval of the respective Service Provider and the availability of the offer. Please note that NOT ALL amendment requests are accepted. Each Service Provider may have their own policies and procedures regarding amendments.
11. Amendment Fee and Cancellation Policy:
If the Amendment request is accepted by the Service Provider in writing, you will be charged an amendment fee equal to ten percent (10%) of the total booking amount.
In the event that the amendment request is denied by the Service Provider in writing, no changes to your Booking will be permitted. You are obliged to proceed with the original booking or be subject to a no-show fee equivalent to the full amount of the reservation, which is one hundred percent (100%) of the total Booking amount.
12. Complimentary amendment
In certain cases, an amendment may be considered as complimentary by the Service Provider (for E.g., to a customer or guest name). No amendment fee will be applied to the Booking in such cases. However, please be aware that complimentary amendments are subject to the discretion of the Service Provider and the availability of the offer.
13. Timeframe for amendment
To ensure a smooth process, we require that any amendment to a Booking be requested at least seventy-two (72) hours prior to the scheduled check-in day or booked Experience. This advance notice allows us and the Service Provider to better accommodate your amendment request and make the necessary arrangements.
14. How to request an amendment
To request an amendment to your booking, please contact our reservations department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us by phone on (230)263-2769. Kindly have your Booking confirmation ready to speed up your request.
15. Service Provider policy
Please be aware that each Service Provider may have its own policy and procedure regarding amendment. We recommend reviewing the terms and conditions of the Service Provider you are booking with to ensure compliance.
16. Fees and charges
There may be additional fees or charges associated with the change, in addition to the amendment fee mentioned at clause 8.13 above, depending on the nature of the Booking amendment. These fees will be communicated to you at the time of the amendment request, and you are responsible for payment.
17. Changes to this amendment policy
We reserve the right to modify or update this amendment policy from time to time to reflect changes in our services or applicable laws and regulations. Any amendments to this policy will be posted on our website, and the revised policy will be effective from the date of posting.
By using our platform, you acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions outlined in this amendment policy. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or the amendment process, please don't hesitate to contact our customer support team for assistance.
General refund policy of MariDeal –
Refund in other form than Store Credit- In the event of any refund of any payment, be it Electronic Payment or in cash, following your cancellation of any purchase, we shall charge, and withhold from the thus refunded amount, a cancellation fee amounting to ten percent (10%) of the total amount You paid towards such purchase (“Cancellation Fee”), and that, in addition to any applicable bank/transaction charge, fee, and/or commission as may be raised by the relevant banks towards the processing of the refund.
We do not guarantee You against any pricing errors or issues with regard to programming, technological and/or computer issues. If you have a query or complaint, please contact our customer care team. You can do this by sending us an email to email@example.com. You can help us help you as quickly as possible- by providing:
- Your Booking confirmation number, your contact details, and the email address you used when you made your Booking.
- A summary of the issue, including how you’d like us to help you
- any supporting documents (photos, receipts, emails etc.)
All queries and complaints are recorded, and the most urgent ones are treated as highest in priority.
Reward points, store credit, gift card and discount code cannot be sold, encumbered or transferred in any way to a third party. Rewards, store credit, gift card and discount code are specifically tied to the Account holder. Attempting to sell, encumber or transfer the rewards, store credit, gift card and discount code violate our terms and conditions. In the event of an Account holder’s death, their Account will be closed and their Rewards (if any) will be cancelled.
- MariDeal may reward You for your loyalty as part of its lloyalty program (“Loyalty Program”) by granting You reward points which may be redeemed towards the purchase of eligible products or services advertised or offered by a third party through the Platform (“Reward Points”).
- Reward Points shall be subject to these Terms.
- For as long as your Account is active, the Reward Points have a validity period of one (1) calendar year from the date they have been issued, following which period, they cannot be redeemed. If your Account is inactive for over one (1) year, your Reward Points will be automatically expired. To prevent the expiration of your reward points, it is important to remain active.
- Your Account is considered inactive meaning you do not make any purchases on MariDeal within one (1) year (365 days).
- We reserve the right to cancel any Reward Points that was obtained by fraud.
- Should the total value of the Reward Points redeemed towards a single purchase (having a unique Order/Booking Number) exceeds the value of such purchase, the nominal value of the Reward Points thus found in excess shall be credited to your “Reward Points Balance” (“Reward Points Balance”) which appears on your Account.
- Should your Reward Points Balance be insufficient to cover your intended purchase, You will be invited to complete the purchase by using another acceptable payment method to pay for the balance.
- Any product or service offered by a third party through the Platform which You may purchase by redeeming your Reward Points will be deducted from your “Reward Points Balance” which will appear on your Account.
- If, for any reason, your account is terminated or suspended or marked “Inactive”, your Reward Points Balance shall automatically and irreversibly reset to nil/zero value.
- MariDeal, may at its sole discretion, decide to terminate the Loyalty Program, in which case, we shall send You a notice of 30 (thirty days) days by email. Such termination of the Loyalty Program shall automatically and irreversibly reset your Reward Points Balance to nil/zero.
2. Store Credit
- Store credit shall be subject to these Terms.
- If ever your Booking is to be cancelled for any reason and a refund is required, said refund will be in the form of store credit.
- Store Credit will have a validity period of one (1) calendar year from the date they have been issued, following which period, they cannot be redeemed.
- Should the total value of the Store Credit redeemed towards a single purchase (having a unique Order/Booking Number) exceed the value of such purchase, the nominal value of the Store Credit thus found in excess shall be credited to your “Store Credit Balance” (“Store Credit Balance”) which appears on your Account.
- Should your Store Credit Balance be insufficient to cover your intended purchase, You will be invited to complete the purchase by using another acceptable payment method to pay for the balance.
- Any product or service offered by a third party through the Platform which You may purchase by redeeming your Store Credit will be deducted from your “Store Credit Balance” which will appear on your Account.
- If, for any reason, your account is terminated or suspended or marked “Inactive”, your Store Credit Balance shall automatically and irreversibly reset to nil/zero value.
- Store Credit can’t be sold, encumbered, or transferred in any way to a third party. In the event of an Account holder’s death, their Account will be closed and their Rewards (if any) will be cancelled.
- For the avoidance of doubt, if for any reason You should decide to cancel a purchase, You will be entitled to a refund of any Store Credit (or the value thereof) that has been redeemed towards such purchase.
- To check your store credit balance, You can log in to your MariDeal account and visit the "My Account" section. From there, select the "Store Credit" option from the menu, and You will be able to view the status and balance of your store credit.
- When your Store Credit is about to expire, we will send you at least three (3) notifications thirty days (30) days before they expire.
3. Gift Cards
- Gift Cards shall be subject to these Terms.
- Gift Cards will have a validity period of one (1) calendar year from the date they have been issued, following which period, they cannot be redeemed.
- Should the total value of the Gift Cards redeemed towards a single purchase (having a unique Order/Booking Number) exceeds the value of such purchase, the nominal value of the Gift Card(s) thus found in excess shall be credited to your “Gift Cards Balance” (“Gift Cards Balance”) which appears on your Account.
- Should your Gift Cards Balance be insufficient to cover your intended purchase, You will be invited to complete the purchase by using another acceptable payment method to pay for the balance.
- Any product or service offered by a third party through the Platform which You may purchase by redeeming your Gift Cards will be deducted from your “Gift Cards Balance” which will appear on your Account.
- If, for any reason, your account is terminated or suspended or marked “Inactive” (as referred to in section 15 below), your Gift Cards Balance shall automatically and irreversibly reset to nil/zero value.
- Gift Cards can’t be sold, encumbered, or transferred in any way to a third party. In the event of an Account holder’s death, their Account will be closed and their Rewards (if any) will be cancelled. MariDeal Gift Cards can only be purchased on our Platform, at all times.
- For the avoidance of doubt, if for any reason You should decide to cancel a purchase, You will be entitled to a refund of any Gift Cards (or the value thereof) that has been redeemed towards such purchase.
- To check your Gift Card balance, You can log in to your MariDeal Account and visit the "My Account" section. From there, select the "Gift Cards" option from the menu, and You will be able to view the status and balance of your Gift Cards.
- You may combine up to 5 MariDeal gift cards for a single purchase. MariDeal allows customers to use multiple gift cards to pay for a single transaction.
4. Discount codes
- MariDeal may offer You one Discount Code or more which may be applied for their ascribed value or percentage discount towards the purchase of eligible products or services advertised or offered by a third part through the Platform (“Discount Code”).
- Discount Codes shall be subject to these Terms.
- Unless the Discount Code is expressly marked as “Multi-Use”, the Discount Code shall be deemed to be “Single-Use” such that it may not be applied towards more than a single purchase (having a unique Order/Booking Number). “Single-Use” Discount Code will only apply to the single purchase (having a unique Order/Booking Number) which appears first in your “Cart”/“Booking Summary”.
- Once You have applied your Discount Code towards your intended purchase, You will be invited to complete the purchase by using another acceptable payment method to pay for the balance.
- Any Discount Code offered to You may not be sold, transferred, or redeemed/refunded for cash. For the avoidance of doubt, if for any reason You should decide to cancel a purchase, You will not be entitled to any reissuance of the Discount Code or discount (or their respective value) that has been applied towards such purchase.
- Any product or service offered by a third party through the Platform that has been purchased by applying a Discount Code may not be amended, modified, exchanged, substituted, postponed, or rescheduled.
- Discount Codes may not be applied retrospectively towards a purchase that has already been fully paid.
- Any Discount Code offered to You shall be, subject to, and accompanied by, an expiry date, following which it cannot be applied towards any purchase.
- To the extent permitted by mandatory consumer law, we’ll only be liable for costs you incur as a direct result of a failure on our behalf. This means, to the extent permitted by law, we won’t be liable for any:
(a) indirect loss or indirect damage
(b) inaccurate information about a Service Provider
(c) product, service, or action of a Service Provider or other business partner
(d) mistake in an email address, phone number, or credit card number (unless it’s our fault)
(e) force majeure or event beyond our control.
- If you breach these Terms and/or the Service Provider’s terms, to the extent permitted by law
(a) we won’t be liable for any costs you incur as a result, and
(b) you won’t be entitled to any refund.
- To the extent permitted by law, the most that we or any Service Provider will be liable for (whether for one or a series of connected events) is the cost of your Booking, as set out in your confirmation email.
- We don’t make any promises about Service Providers’ products and services apart from what we expressly state in these Terms. Making the right choice(s) is entirely your responsibility.
- Just to be clear, nothing in these Terms will entitle any third party other than the Service Provider to anything.
- You may be protected by mandatory consumer protection laws and regulations, which guarantee you rights that no company’s terms can overrule. In that case, our liability is determined not just by these Terms, but also by any applicable consumer protection laws and regulations.
- IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF USE, INCREASED COST OF OPERATIONS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM, OR IN LINE WITH THE TERMS, WHETHER IN TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, INDEMNITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE LOWER OF THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO US OR TEN THOUSAND MAURITIUS RUPEES (RS 10,000), DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING.
- To the extent permitted by mandatory consumer law, we’ll only be liable for costs you incur as a direct result of a failure on our behalf. This means, to the extent permitted by law, we won’t be liable for any:
To the extent permitted by mandatory local (consumer) law, these Terms and our services will be governed by Mauritian law (for Accommodation, Experience, Car Rentals).
If You access or use the Platform from within a jurisdiction for which there are separate supplemental terms, you also hereby agree to the supplemental terms applicable to users in each jurisdiction.
To the extent permitted by mandatory local (consumer) law, any dispute will exclusively be submitted to the competent courts in Mauritius (for accommodations, Experiences, Car Rentals).
- Unless otherwise indicated, the Platform is our proprietary property and all source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on the Platform (collectively, the “Content”) and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (the “Marks”) are owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws, international copyright laws, and international conventions. The Content and the Marks are provided on the Platform “AS IS” for your information and personal use only. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, no part of the Platform and no Content or Marks may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written permission.
- Provided that You are eligible to use the Site, You are granted a limited license to access and use the Platform and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which You have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to You in and to the Site, the Content, and the Marks.
- We respect intellectual property rights and ask You to do the same. As a condition of your access to and use of the Platform, You agree not to use the Platform to infringe on any intellectual property rights. We reserve the right, with or without notice, at any time an in our sole discretion to block access to and/or terminate the accounts of any user who infringes or is alleged to infringe any copyrights or other intellectual property rights.
By using the Site, You represent and warrant that:
- all registration information You submit will be true, accurate, current, and complete;
- You will maintain the accuracy of such information and promptly update such registration information as necessary;
- You have the legal capacity, and You agree to comply with these Terms;
- You are not a minor in the jurisdiction in which You reside;
- You will not access the Platform through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script, or otherwise;
- You will not use the Platform for any illegal or unauthorised purpose; and
- your use of the Platform will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
If You provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Platform (or any portion thereof).
- You shall be required to register with the Platform by creating an account to make a purchase of any product or service advertised or offered by us or a third part through the Site.
- Your account shall be marked “Inactive” if it is not used to make any purchase for a period of one (1) calendar year.
- You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username You select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise, objectionable.
- You may not access or use the Platform for any purpose other than that for which we make the Platform available. The Platform may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us in writing.
- Should you be found to be linked or responsible for fraud, abuse, non-compliant with any laws or regulations, or having inappropriate or unlawful behaviour (e.g. violence, threats, invasion of privacy), then we have the right to take legal action.
- We have the right to stop You from making any purchases to cancel any orders You have made, and/or stop you from using our Platform, our customer services, and/or your account, should you be responsible as per above.
As a user of the Site, You agree not to:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Platform to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Platform and/or the Content contained therein.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- Use any information obtained from the Platform in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person. Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct. Use the Platform in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Platform or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Platform or the networks or services connected to the Site. Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Platform to you.
- attempt to bypass any measures of the Platform designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Except as permitted by applicable law, decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorised script or other software.
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site.
- Make any unauthorised use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretences.
- Use the Platform as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Platform and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavour or commercial enterprise.
- Use the Platform to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- The Platform may invite You to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may provide You with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Site, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, "Contributions").
- Contributions may be viewable by other users of the Site and through third-party websites. As such, any Contributions You transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When You create or make available any Contributions, You thereby represent and warrant that:
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- You are the creator and owner of or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, releases, and permissions to use and to authorize us, the Site, and other users of the Platform to use your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Platform and these Terms.
- You have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in your Contributions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Platform and these Terms.
- Your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- Your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone. Your Contributions are not used to harass or threaten (in the legal sense of those terms) any other person and to promote violence against a specific person or class of people.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- Your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors.
- Your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
- Your Contributions do not otherwise violate, or link to material that violates, any provision of these Terms, or any applicable law or regulation.
- Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone. Your Contributions are not used to harass or threaten (in the legal sense of those terms) any other person and to promote violence against a specific person or class of people.
- Any use of the Platform in violation of the foregoing violates these Terms and may result in, among other things, termination, or suspension of your rights to use the Site.
- By posting your Contributions to any part of the Site, You automatically grant, and You represent and warrant that You have the right to grant, to us an unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully- paid, worldwide right, and license to host, use, copy, reproduce, disclose, sell, resell, publish, broadcast, retitle, archive, store, cache, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, transmit, excerpt (in whole or in part), and distribute such Contributions (including, without limitation, your image and voice) for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Contributions, and grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. The use and distribution may occur in any media formats and through any media channels.
- This license will apply to any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed, and includes our use of your name, company name, and franchise name, as applicable, and any of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and personal and commercial images You provide. You waive all moral rights in your Contributions, and You warrant that moral rights have not otherwise been asserted in your Contributions.
- We do not assert any ownership over your Contributions. You retain full ownership of all of your Contributions and any intellectual property rights, or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your Contributions provided by You in any area on the Site. You are solely responsible for your Contributions to the Site, and You expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Contributions.
- We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion:
- to edit, redact, or otherwise change any Contributions;
- to re- categorize any Contributions to place them in more appropriate locations on the Site; and
- to pre-screen or delete any Contributions at any time and for any reason, without notice. We have no obligation to monitor your Contributions.
- We may provide You areas on the Platform to leave reviews or ratings. When posting a review, You must comply with the following criteria:
(i) you should have purchased the Booking via MariDeal and had first-hand experience with the person/entity being reviewed;
(ii) your reviews should not contain offensive profanity, or abusive, racist, offensive, or hate language;
(iii) your reviews should not contain discriminatory references based on religion, race, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability;
(iv) your reviews should not contain references to illegal activity;
(v) You should not be affiliated with competitors if posting negative reviews;
(vi) You should not make any conclusions as to the legality of conduct;
(vii) You may not post any false or misleading statements; and
(viii) You may not organize a campaign encouraging others to post reviews, whether positive or negative.
- We may accept, reject, or remove reviews in our sole discretion. We have absolutely no obligation to screen reviews or to delete reviews, even if anyone considers reviews objectionable or inaccurate. Reviews are not endorsed by us, and do not represent our opinions or the views of any of our affiliates or partners. We do not assume liability for any review or for any claims, liabilities, or losses resulting from any review. By posting a review, You hereby grant to us a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, assignable, and sublicensable right and license to reproduce, modify, translate, transmit by any means, display, perform, and/or distribute all content relating to reviews.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Platform ("Submissions") provided by You to us are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Submissions, and You hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with You or that You have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
The Platform may contain (or You may be sent via the Site) links to other websites ("Third-Party Websites") as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties ("Third-Party Content"). Such Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Content are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third-Party Websites accessed through the Platform or any Third-Party Content posted on, available through, or installed from the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices, or other policies of or contained in the Third-Party Websites or the Third-Party Content. Inclusion of, linking to, or permitting the use or installation of any Third-Party Websites or any Third-Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If You decide to leave the Platform and access the Third-Party Websites or to use or install any Third-Party Content, You do so at your own risk, and You should be aware these Terms no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which You navigate from the Platform or relating to any applications You use or install from the Site. Any purchases You make through Third-Party Websites will be through other websites and from other companies, and we take no responsibility whatsoever in relation to such purchases which are exclusively between You and the applicable third party. You agree and acknowledge that we do not endorse the products or services offered on Third-Party Websites and You shall hold us harmless from any harm caused by your purchase of such products or services. Additionally, You shall hold us harmless from any losses sustained by You or harm caused to You relating to or resulting in any way from any Third-Party Content or any contact with Third- Party Websites.
- These Terms shall remain in full force and effect while You use the Site.
- WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THESE TERMS, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, TERMINATE OR SUSPEND YOUR ACCOUNT, DENY ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE PLATFORM (INCLUDING BLOCKING CERTAIN IP ADDRESSES), TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR OTHER PROVISION CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION. WE MAY TERMINATE YOUR USE OR PARTICIPATION IN THE PLATFORM OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AND ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION THAT YOU POSTED AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT WARNING, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION.
- If we terminate or suspend Your Account for any reason, You are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if You may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
- Any breach, on your part, of any representation, warranty, or other provision contained in these Terms or of any applicable law or regulation, shall constitute the repudiatory cancellation of any purchase You may have made on the Site.
We allow advertisers to display their advertisements and other information in certain areas of the Site, such as sidebar advertisements or banner advertisements. If You are an advertiser, You shall take full responsibility for any advertisements You place on the Platform and any services provided on the Platform or products sold through those advertisements. Further, as an advertiser, You warrant and represent that You possess all rights and authority to place advertisements on the Site, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, publicity rights, and contractual rights. We simply provide the space to place such advertisements, and we have no other relationship with advertisers.
We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to:
- monitor the Platform for violations of these Terms;
- take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates the law or these Terms, including without limitation, reporting such user to law enforcement authorities;
- in our sole discretion and without limitation, refuse, restrict access to, limit the availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any of your Contributions or any portion thereof;
- in our sole discretion and without limitation, notice, or liability, to remove from the Platform or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way burdensome to our systems; and
- otherwise manage the Platform in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If You believe that any material available on or through the Platform infringes upon any copyright You own or control, please immediately notify us using the contact information provided below (a “Notification”).
A copy of your Notification will be sent to the person who posted or stored the material addressed in the Notification. Please be advised that pursuant to applicable law You may be held liable for damages if You make material misrepresentations in a Notification. Thus, if You are not sure that material located on or linked to by the Platform infringes your copyright, You should consider first contacting seeking relevant legal advice.
1. THE PLATFORM IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS AND AS-AVAILABLE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM AND OUR SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE PLATFORM AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
2. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE PLATFORM AND WE WILL ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS;
- PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE;
- ANY UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN;
- ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE;
- ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE PLATFORM BY ANY THIRD PARTY; AND/OR
- ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE, ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
3. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THIS PLATFORM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER MARIDEAL LTD DIRECTORS OR EMPLOYEES, WARRANT THAT USE OF THE PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO (I) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THIS SITE, OR (II) THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DEALS, OR STATEMENTS (AS DEFINED ABOVE) PROVIDED THROUGH THIS SITE. THE PLATFORM AND ALL CONTENT, STATEMENTS AND OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE, AND PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE PLATFORM ARE MADE ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. MARIDEAL HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE PLATFORM OR THE CONTENT, STATEMENTS OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE, OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THOSE OF TITLE NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- This section contains the specific terms for Accommodation products and services. These include but not limited to hotels, bed and breakfast, apartments, villas, vacation house, private houses, lodges, day packages and evening packages.
- When you make a Booking, it’s directly with the Service Provider. We’re not a “contractual party” to your Booking.
- MariDeal owns and operates the Platform.
- Our Platform only shows Accommodation that have a commercial relationship with us, and it doesn’t necessarily show all their products or services.
- Information about Service Providers (e.g. facilities, house rules, sustainability measures) and their Experiences (e.g. prices, availability, and cancellation policies) is based on what they provide to us. They’re responsible for making sure it’s accurate and up to date.
What we will do
- We provide the Platform on which Service Providers can promote and sell their Accommodations, and you can search for, compare, and book them.
- Once you’ve booked your Accommodation, we will provide you and the Service Provider with details of your Booking, including the names of the guest(s).
What you need to do
- Fill in all your contact details correctly, so we and/or the Service Provider can provide you with info about your Booking and, if necessary, contact you.
- Read these Terms and the terms displayed during the booking process carefully.
- Take care of the Accommodation and its furniture, fixtures, electronics, and other contents, and leave things in the same state they were in when you got there. If anything is broken, damaged, or lost, make sure you report it to the staff there as soon as you can, before you check out.
- Maintain the security of the Accommodation and its contents during your stay. So, for example, don’t leave doors or windows unlocked.
- If you think you won’t arrive on time, contact your Service Provider and tell them when they can expect You so they don't charge You a no-show fee for your Booking. If you’re late, we are not liable for the consequences (e.g. the cancellation of your Booking or any fees the Service Provider may charge).
Amendment and cancellation
Please refer to Section 8 Policies
28. Section C- Experience
This section contains the specific terms for Experience products and services.
This encompasses things to do such as activities, restaurants and spas.
Should you wish to book your Experience product and service, please contact the Service Provider directly for availability. The Service Provider will revert regarding the availability of your requested time/date. The contact details of the Service Provider should be on the offer.
Alternatively, MariDeal will be pleased to assist you regarding your Booking and checking availability with the Service Provider.
- We do not (re)sell, offer, or provide any Experiences on our own behalf. When you book an Experience, you enter a contract directly with (a) the Service Provider, as disclosed during the booking process.
- We act solely as the Platform and are not involved in the Third-Party Terms. We are not responsible for your ticket and (to the fullest extent permitted by law) have no liability to you in relation to your Booking.
What we will do
- We provide the Platform on which Service Providers and (from time to time) Third-Party Aggregators can promote and sell Travel Experiences, and you can search for, compare, and book them.
- Once you’ve booked your Experience, we’ll provide you and the Service Provider with details of the Booking. If the Service Provider needs more than your name, we’ll tell you at the time of booking.
What you need to do
- You must fill in all your contact details correctly, so we and/or the Service Provider can provide you with information about your Booking and, if necessary, contact you.
- You must read and agree to comply with our Terms and the Third-Party Terms (which will be displayed at check-out) and acknowledge that breaching them may lead to additional charges and/or the cancellation of your Booking.
- If you think you won’t arrive on time, contact your Service Provider and tell them when they can expect you so they don't charge you a no-show fee for your Booking. If you’re late, we are not liable for the consequences (e.g., the cancellation of your Booking or any fees the Service Provider may charge).
Amendment and cancellation
Please refer to Section 8 Policies
29. Section D- Car rental
When you book a Car Rental, your Booking is either (a) with us or (b) directly with the Service Provider. Either way:
- our Terms govern the booking process. When we send you your Booking Confirmation, you’ll enter a contract with us.
- the Rental Agreement governs the Rental itself. When you sign this at the rental counter, you’ll enter a contract with the Service Provider, and you’ll see and accept the key terms of it while you’re booking your vehicle.
- In most cases, you’ll get your Booking Confirmation as soon as you complete your Booking. However, if the Service Provider doesn't confirm your Rental immediately, we won’t take payment or send you your Booking Confirmation until they’ve done so.
- If there’s any discrepancy between these Terms and the Rental Agreement, the Rental Agreement will apply.
What we will do
- We provide the Platform on which Service Providers can promote and sell their Experiences, and you can search for, compare, and book them.
- We don’t guarantee the precise make and model you’re booking (unless we expressly say so). The phrase “or similar” means you could get a similar car (i.e., the same size, type of transmission, etc.). The car pictures are illustrative only.
- Once you’ve booked your Rental:
(i) we’ll give the Service Provider the Booking details (e.g. the Main Driver's name and phone number)
(ii) we’ll provide you with Pick-up information (e.g. the Service Provider's contact details, and info on what you need to take with you).
What you need to do
- You must provide all the information we need to arrange your Booking (e.g. contact details, pick-up time, etc.).
- You must read and agree to comply with these Terms and the Rental Agreement, and acknowledge that if you breach them:
(i) you might have to pay additional charges;
(ii) your Booking might be cancelled; and/or
(iii) the staff might refuse to hand over the keys at the rental counter.
- You must check your Rental's specific requirements, as many details (e.g. driver’s license requirements, security deposit size, paperwork needed, payment cards accepted, etc.) vary per Rental.
- Make sure you carefully read:
(i) these Terms
(ii) the key terms of the Rental Agreement, which you'll see while you’re booking, and
(iii) the Rental Agreement itself, which you'll receive at Pick-up.
- You must be at the rental counter by your pick-up time. If you’re late, the car may no longer be available, and you won’t be entitled to a refund. If you think you might be late, contact the Service Provider or us, even if it's because of a flight delay and you’ve provided your flight number.
- If you think you won’t arrive on time, contact your Service Provider and tell them when they can expect You so they don't charge you a no-show fee for your Booking. If you’re late, we are not liable for the consequences (e.g. the cancellation of your Booking or any fees the Service Provider may charge).
- The key terms of your Rental tell you what the Main Driver needs at pick-up. You must ensure that when they get to the rental counter, they bring everything they need (e.g. driver’s license, required ID, and a credit card in their own name, with enough available funds to cover the security deposit).
- You must make sure the Main Driver is both eligible and fit (in the Service Provider’s opinion) to drive the car.
- You must have all the documents (e.g. ID, valid (international or local) driver’s license) that you need at pick-up.
- You must show the counter staff each driver's full, valid driver’s license, which they must have held for at least 1 year (or longer, in many cases). If any driver has endorsements/points on their license, let us know as soon as possible, as the Service Provider may not allow them to drive.
- You must ensure that every driver has their own International Driving Permit (if they need one) as well as their driver’s license. All drivers must carry their driver’s license (and International Driving Permit, if necessary) at all times.
- You must ensure that every child has an appropriate child seat if they need one.
- If anything goes wrong during your Rental (e.g. accident, breakdown, etc.), you must:
(i) contact the Service Provider
(ii) not authorize any repairs without the Service Provider's consent
(iii) keep all documentation (e.g. repair bills, police reports, etc.) to share with us/the Service Provider/an insurance company.
Price and payment
- In some cases, the Service Provider will charge a young driver fee for each driver under a certain age (e.g. 25). In some cases, they may charge a senior driver fee for each driver over a certain age (e.g. 65). When booking on our Platform, you must enter the Main Driver's age, so we can show you details of any age-related fee(s), which you would pay at pick-up.
- In many cases, the Service Provider will charge a one-way fee if you drop the car off at a different location. If you intend to do this, you need to enter the drop-off location while booking, so we can tell you if it’s possible, and show you details of any one-way fee, which you would pay at Pick-up.
- In many cases, the Service Provider will charge a cross-border fee for taking the car to a different country/state/island. If you intend to do this, tell us and/or the Service Provider as soon as you can before pick-up.
- The price of your Rental is calculated based on 24-hour units, for example, a 25-hour rental will cost as much as a 48-hour rental.
- If after pick-up you decide you want to keep the car longer, contact the Service Provider. They'll tell you how much this would cost, and you'll enter a new contract with them directly. If you drop the car off late without agreeing this in advance, they may charge an additional fee as well.
- In some cases, you'll pay for any optional extras (e.g. child seats, GPS, winter tires, etc.) when you book your car, in which case you're guaranteed to get them at pick-up.
- In other cases, you'll simply request any extras when you book your car, in which case:
(i) you'll pay for them at Pick-up, and
(ii) the Service Provider doesn't guarantee they'll be available for you.
Amendments, cancellations & refunds
- We go above and beyond our legal obligations. Even though local laws don’t require us to offer specific cancellation rights, we guarantee that we will honor our refunds policy if you cancel your Booking.
- The following “Cancellation and Amendments” terms apply to all Bookings apart from:
- Bookings that are labelled “non-refundable” (you cannot amend a non-refundable Booking, and won’t receive a refund if you cancel it).
Amendment and cancellation
Please refer to Section 8 Policies
The counter staff may refuse you the car if (for example):
- You don’t arrive on time and you have not informed of your delay to the Service Provider.
- You are not eligible to rent the car.
- You don’t have the documentation you need.
- The main driver doesn’t have a credit card in their own name, with enough available funds for the car’s security deposit.
If we/the Service Provider need to change your Booking (e.g. if the Service Provider can’t provide the car), we’ll tell you as soon as we can. If you don't accept that change, you’ll be entitled to cancel and claim a full refund (no matter how close the start of your Rental is) but we won’t have any additional liability for any direct or indirect costs you may incur (e.g. hotel room, taxis).
In all cases, drivers must be at least a minimum age to rent or drive a car. In some cases, they must also be below the maximum age. The limit(s) can vary by Service Provider, country, location, and type of car.
Only eligible drivers whose names appear on the Rental Agreement may drive the car.
You must not take the car to a different country/ island and/or drop it off at a different location without arranging this in advance.
2. Late pick-up and early drop-off
If you pick your car up later or drop it off earlier than agreed in your Booking Confirmation, the Service Provider will not refund you for the “unused” time.
If you think you won’t arrive on time, contact your Service Provider and tell them when they can expect you so they don't cancel your Booking. If you’re late, we are not liable for the consequences (e.g. the cancellation of your Booking or any fees the Service Provider may charge).
If you have a question or complaint, contact our Customer Care team via
by calling us on (230) 263-2769 or (33) 0262-501110.
You can do so by accessing your Booking through your Account, through our app or through our Help Center (where you’ll also find some useful FAQs).
You can help us help you as quickly as possible by providing:
- your Booking confirmation number, your contact details, and the email address you used when booking
- a summary of the issue, including how you’d like us to help you
- any supporting documents (e.g. bank statement, pictures, receipts, etc.)
All questions and complaints are recorded, and the most urgent ones are treated as the highest priority.
We try to resolve disputes internally, and aren’t obliged to submit to any alternative dispute resolution procedures handled by independent providers.
We may help you communicate with your Service Provider, but we can’t guarantee that they’ll read anything from you or that they’ll do what you ask. In itself, the fact that you contact them or that they contact you doesn’t mean you have any grounds for legal action.
We have the right to stop you from making any Bookings, to cancel any Bookings you’ve made, and/or to stop you from using our Platform, our Customer Care, and/or your Account. Of course, we’ll only do this if in our opinion there’s a good reason to, such as:
- fraud or abuse
- non-compliance with applicable laws or regulations
- inappropriate or unlawful behavior (e.g. violence, threats, invasion of privacy) in relation to us, any of the Service Provider we work with – or anyone else, for that matter.
If we cancel a Booking as a result, you won’t be entitled to a refund.
We may tell you why we cancelled your Booking, unless telling you would (a) contravene applicable laws and/or (b) prevent or obstruct the detection or prevention of fraud or other illegal activities. If you believe we incorrectly cancelled your Booking, contact our Customer Care team.